The mission of ski and Snowboard Association of Thailand are to engage, support, develop, divulgate, and proceed both domestic and international Ski and Snowboard Sport activities. The main objective focuses on seeking for the qualified athletes to join the world class competition and aims to build up the competent athletes by providing the sport skills starting from the youth. Thus, the cooperation between international sector for this ski and snowboard athletes development project has begun between Ski and Snowboard Association of Thailand and the and Municipal of Higashikawa, Hokkaido, Japan.
There are 3 phases of Ski and Snowboard Athletes Development Project, as following;
- Short-Term Project: Target participant is the youth with High School Education Level as maximum where Municipal of Higashikawa will support in ski and snowboard training and provide Japanese language learning course in sake of culture exchange for all interests.
- Long-Term Project: Target participant shall have minimum of High School Graduation which Municipal of Higashikawa will support in ski and snowboard training in order to join the international competition. The athletes are required to attend the Japanese language learning course in Municipal of Higashikawa in order to learn the Japanese language.
- Training Camp prior joining international competition: Municipal of Higashikawa will provide full support in all training camps prior joining the international competition events to all athletes joining the competition events organized by International Ski Federation (FIS) or any competition in Japan.
The agreement and expenses:
- Short-Term Project: Accommodation and mountain slope expenses will be responsible by Municipal of Higashikawa.
- Long-Term Project: Consulting between 2 parties are required.
- Training Camp prior joining international competition: As same as Short-Term Project.
- The training venue and exchange of professional instructors for Ski and Snowboard sports: Full support will be provided by Municipal of Higashikawa.